Lakewood Church Re-Entry to the Building Guidelines
Please carefully read the safety precautions below as we re-enter the building for worship on Sunday, September 6, 2020 at 10:30am. Adult Sunday School will begin one week later (September 13 at 9:30am). Children’s Sunday School has been postponed until November.
We understand that not all families may want to attend in-person due to health concerns, and therefore the on-line service will continue to be available on the church’s website (www.lakewoodmiumc.org). Please know that your health (spiritual and physical) is of paramount importance to your church family. We love you in Jesus’ name, and we’re grateful you are a part of Lakewood Church!
- Entry/Exit –Use the Main (Door 1) or Courtyard Garden (Door 4) entrances only.
- Restrooms – Restrooms in the Gathering Room and the Narthex will be open.
- Hand Sanitizer – will be readily available in multiple places.
- Social Distancing – of approximately 6 feet is required as you enter and exit. For now, we can replace handshakes and hugs with smiles and waves.
- Offering – A giving container will be at the back of the sanctuary. In addition, the black box outside the building can be used and on-line giving is also available.
- Bibles – Please bring you own Bible book or use your on-line Bible.
- Masks – Wearing a mask in the common areas is required. Once seated, you may remove your mask, but we ask that you put it back on if you sing along with the music. Please bring your own mask from home; if you forget, masks are available in the Gathering Room. Very young children need not wear a mask.
- Seating – Look for a seat marked with a flower. The flowers are set up to help us maintain an approximate 6-foot distance from other families in the sanctuary.
- Maximum Occupancy – If we reach capacity with social distancing in the sanctuary, chairs are set up in the Gathering Room to watch the service on the monitor.
- Exiting When Service Ends –In order to maintain distancing as we exit, ushers will dismiss by sections and rows. Please put on your mask as you exit.
- Visiting Before & After Services – We ask that you not visit in the Narthex and instead use the Gathering Room where you can better maintain social distancing. Also, visiting outside while we still have some warmer autumn temperatures is a great option.
- Coffee and Cookies – No coffee, food, or other communal items will be shared or offered by the church. You may bring your own coffee.
OTHER PRECAUTIONS AND GENERAL HEALTH ISSUES:
- If you are not feeling well or have had a fever of 100° or more in the last week, please refrain from attending until you have had no fever for 48 hours (without the help of medication).
- If you have been exposed to Covid-19, please worship online and seek medical attention.
- Each and every space that is open in the church will be carefully disinfected between use.
- Most interior doors will be propped open to decrease sanitation needs.
- Please wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds as often as possible or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose, or eyes; if you do, please wash or sanitize after.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow fold or use a tissue.
SUNDAY SCHOOL AND OTHER PROGRAMS:
K-5th – Will not meet in person this fall, tentative date for resuming in person is November 1st. However, Sunday School lesson videos to be released each week kicking off on 9/13.
Middle & High School – Will not meet in person this fall, tentative date for resuming is November 1st.
Adult – Classes may resume in person 9/13 at 9:30am with location at each teacher’s discretion. The tentative plan is that small groups will be coordinated to go along with the sermon series beginning October 4th.
Wednesday Night Live – Will not be meeting this fall as we elected to eliminate the meals and youth programs as we feel families are going to need adjustment time this fall. We can re-evaluate in January.
GF412 – We are moving GF412 to Sunday evenings from 6pm-7:30pm beginning on 9/13. We will have separate studies for High School and Middle School and then can potentially combine for group activities. We plan to meet outside as much as possible, weather permitting, and then are looking at potentially using the fellowship hall to more adequately distance the kids. We have maintained most of our core group of leaders, but if anyone has an interest in connecting with our youth through GF412 we’d love to add to our team.
Nursery – Will not be staffed this fall when we move back in the church for worship. It will be open for families to utilize on their own. We will post signs and provide sanitizing spray so that families can sanitize the toys they used